Siouxland Freethinkers is a community of atheists, agnostics, humanists, and skeptics.
We encourage and support critical thinking skills, science based methods of inquiry, unfettered by supernatural beliefs or dogma. We also support our secular form of government as a necessary condition for the interdependent rights of freedom of religion and freedom from religion.
We conduct a variety of formal meetings, outreach, and social gatherings to foster relationships with like-minded people.
Example Past Activities
Philanthropy – Siouxland Freethinkers is an official Volunteers Beyond Belief team!
• Blood donation drives
• Spooky Science Night – Volunteer staff for children science education event
• Adopt-a-Highway – mile marker 406.5 through 408 on HWY 34 in Moody County
• Autism Speaks Walk
• Christmas Toy Donation Drive 2011, 2012, 2013
• School Supply Drives 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
• Freethinkers cookout/picnics/potlucks
• Skeptics in the Pub / Science in the Pub
• Movie / science lecture showings
• The Cutting Edge of Evolutionary Science
• Defending Darwin: Answers to Creationist Challenges
• The State of Science Standards in the US and South Dakota
• Near-Death Experiences and Other Ways Our Minds Fool Us
• Scientifically-Sound Openmindedness
Activism / Conferences
• Reason Rally in Washington D.C.
• Midwest Freethought Conference/Apostacon in Omaha, NE
• Project 42 Convention in Fargo, ND
• American Atheists Convention in Des Moines, IA
• Thank you letter to Castlewood, SD school district for protecting religion-government separation
- South Dakota Coalition of Reason
Check out our blog for more information about what events are going on!